Tuesday, August 07, 2007


So today I am feeling in between...not good or bad...not happy or sad. What to do is the question I keep asking myself. Too many questions that it makes my mind dizzy. So I continue to search for my purpose. I have been reading "Foolsgold, Making Something From Nothing and Freeing Your Creative Process" and perhaps it is just making me question my choices. I am not in a rythm...How do you get it back is yet another question...what helps you?

"When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be." - Lao Tzu

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You sound like me right now! I'm in a weird funk, too, and have decided to just relax (as much as it's possible to relax in the middle of my chaos). I'm hoping that during this "break" something will come along and inspire me again. Kinda like when you can't remember something when you try really hard but then if you quiet your mind and work on something else, it comes to you in a flash. :)

Jen Gabaldon said...

I have actually been feeling the same way. All i can figure is maybe it is the coming "changing of the season" while i am ready for the heat to go, it is the end of summer and fall and the holidays are aproaching fast. Unfortunatley i am not sure how to get out of this but i have been having this overwhelming need to declutter my house and life which i have been doing little by little and it seems to be helping. Seeing other artist's beautiful work (and your website!) helps too :) If you find the answer out of this mood let me know!!!

Renee said...

It's an epidemic! Me too! I am going to sort and purge to see if perhaps a clean workspace will inspire me and put some rhythm in my days. Maybe just touching and seeing supplies and treasures will put some bounce back in my steps. Let us know what works for you!
xoxx, Renée

angel said...

lisa,
just catching up with your posts....this one totally speaks to me as I am in between also. My paints and brushes and beautiful papers sit in the corner like a banished love.
Hope that by the time I have posted this, you are back "on" again.