This is just a small corner of my desk. I am lucky to have a large workspace...but it can cause what we term in our house as "messy build up". I tend to get out a selection of beads to design new pieces and then just never get around to putting back some of the left over beads. So as I am fumbling around on my desk...uninspired by the total disaster, I came up with this little challenge.
I must make some jewelry with items on my desk. I hope to use most of what I have on my desk and then get serious about putting all those little bitty beads away.
So the first one was easy...I always have some of my favorite beads spilled on my desk. Here is what I came up with...
It turned out pretty cute and I have started another one for my future Etsy site.
I challenge you to use what has been stacking up on your desk to create something...be sure and let me know what you come up with.
Now here are some things hanging around in my art room that make me happy. I purchased this adorable piece from Lisa Kaus.I just love the colors and "for Me" just says it all.
This one I purchased from Misty Mawn at Art & Soul in Portland. I am "oh so excited" to take a class from her at ArtFest.
Wednesday, January 31, 2007
Tuesday, January 23, 2007
Just a brief note today....
Here is a cute little tin I covered with some vintage wallpaper from Pam. Now I have a cute little needle holder. Not sure why the photo was imported vertically...but no time to figure it out.
I have been tagged!
Now I have to tell you 6 weird things about me. Thankfully it said only six or this list could get very very long.
1. I can’t sleep in a house, hotel, or dorm unless I am certain the door is locked. Actually...I always like to have the doors locked. This drives my husband nuts. When he is outside working in the yard, and I find the door unlocked, I lock it. He has to carry his keys around anytime he is outside. The thought of a tent is unnerving. He can “thank” Oprah for that one.
2. When I am in the car I also like to have the door locked. Do you see a pattern here? When looking for a new car my husband always chuckles when the car lock button is on the passenger side...that is a huge plus in our family.
3. I must have the bed made in the morning...I can’t bear to leave the house without the bed made. The rule is last one up makes the bed. I am the only one that thinks this is the rule...so I always make the bed.
4. I am scared of snakes...yes even little gardener snakes. I just wanted to add that not all my oddities are crazy.
5. I can’t stand to hear people chewing their food...this can be problematic in a movie theatre. Yeah...I always get the guy that chews his popcorn with his mouth open behind me, and if it doesn't stop before the show starts I have to move. My other redeeming qualities must make up for this...because my husband just smiles as we move.
6. I can't work unless my desk is neat, dishes are done and the house is somewhat tidy. My next post will explain why I have not been busy working on jewelry.
This list is by no means comprehensive...
I tag anyone that wants to play.
Here are the rules: The Rules: Each player of this game starts with "6 weird things about you". Each person who gets tagged needs to write a blog post of their own 6 weird things as well as clearly state this rule. After you state your 6 weird things, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don't forget to leave a comment that says "you're tagged" in their comments and tell them to read your blog for information as to what it means.
Posted by Sweet Petunia at 8:06 PM
Saturday, January 13, 2007
A couple of my charm pieces have been selected for a book to be published in the spring. I have to get busy and write a few instructions, but I am very excited.
I have been trying to stay more current on my blog, but I woke up to snow on Thursday...it rarely snows that much here, but when it does the city pretty much closes up. The kids have been out of school, and we have been enjoying a little winter vacation together. They should be back to school Tuesday, and then I will be working on new projects.
I am trying to figure out a way to have a mini trip to a sunny location. I am dreaming of California shopping or squeezing in a trip to Arizona during the big bead show. Oh...I miss the sun.
Posted by Sweet Petunia at 1:31 PM
Sunday, January 07, 2007
I purchased this great vintage vase from ShabbyBoudoir to use as a prop in my jewelry photos. I am always looking for better ways to hang earrings. I think it turned out well...Let me know your thoughts? I am also able to use some of my paper stash to change the background. Some of you may recognize the vintage wallpaper I purchsed from Pam Garrison in the background with the earrings...I am always thrilled when some of my stash can be used for other purposes. I hope Pam puts some more of those wallpaper packs on her Etsy soon.
Posted by Sweet Petunia at 5:45 PM
Thursday, January 04, 2007
Art & Soul - Portland - October 2007
I will be teaching 3 classes at Art & Soul. I'll share more information as soon as they announce the classes. One will involve PMC charms...
Posted by Sweet Petunia at 12:28 PM
Monday, January 01, 2007
Happy New Year!
I just love the blog world and how information and new Etsy shops are shared with other artist. Well first off "Thanks" to the blog Sis Boom Dreams for sharing her great finds.
I bought this darling purse from ShabbyBoudoir.com. I know I have stashes of fabric and make purses myself...but this baby is already made so I did purchase instead of make one...isn't it cute?
Posted by Sweet Petunia at 11:03 AM