Friday, July 04, 2008



I am working on updating my blog and my website...both have been on my "to do" list for a long time. So I am writing it...thinking it...believing that I will make time.

Also...I am also considering moving to Typepad. Anyone have any thoughts they would like to share...is it worth it? Would it be easier to find me with my name instead of Sweet Petunia? I would love to hear your thoughts! If you see my profile you can see I am having a mid-blog crisis...LisaCallStudios...Something Silver...or TypePad LisaCall.Typepad.

“Have patience with all things, but chiefly have patience with yourself. Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections, but instantly set about remedying them - every day begin the task anew.”

Saint Francis de Sales (1567-1622), Roman Catholic saint

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa,
Well I have been using typepad for almost 3 years and I love it. I am also using blogger for another thing, and it isn't so bad but I am not the person who set it up so I don't see much in the controls on that one. What I like about typepad is I can have photo albums on the side, I can size my photos all kinds of ways and when I look at my blog I really got to set it up the way I want.

As for people finding you, when they google your blog name OR your name, this blog always shows up. I think it only matters if you feel you have grown out of the name it has now and expect that your name will serve you better now and in the future. I guess it is funny to think that there are other people with the same name. Maybe you just use your name and in typepad you can have a line of description and it shows up when you get googled too. Like LisaCall.Typepad Or "Something Silver made by Lisa Call" or "Something Silver from Lisa Call's Studio"... I don't know really but I'm sure you will figure it out.

I see your mid blog crisis in the profile but not to worry. No one will hold it against you.

Are you going to the PMC Conference? If you are, have a fantastic time and if you aren't well, make something and post it!

Catherine a fellow silver lover! He, he.

Maija said...

I really like Typepad. It's all I have ever used, but it's very easy. I've had a few problems recently when they were making some upgrades, but the changes have been great.

Savannah said...

Hey, Girl! For what it's worth, I love typepad and would never go back to blogger. For someone who is HTML-challenged, it makes my life A LOT easier. I know what you mean about changing your name, too... it's a lot to think about. I guess it boils down to how you want to be recognized. Your name as your brand is powerful, yet "Something Silver" immediately tells the reader what they'll get... Sorry I'm not more help! Hugs, Shari

Tara's Art Camp said...

Hi Lisa,
Kelly Rae Roberts has a link to a simple tutorial to change blogger into three columns like typepad. She said it was very easy to do. Check out her blog, I believe it was July 2nd, entry.