Thursday, October 12, 2006

Art & Soul a Week in Review

I have just returned from Art & Soul in Portland, and all I can say is "WOW!". The ladies in my class were great. They all finished their charm bracelets and were as excited about wire as I am. No one burned themselves or their neighbors and for that I am truly thankful. It was an amazing event and I even managed to sneak in a few painting classes while I was there.





Please note that one should not bend over and work as I am doing here at the hotel. It is best to be standing up and working on a higher work table.


I also want to "THANK" Edina for helping me with vendor night. I really thought it would be a slow event for me...but boy was I wrong! Thanks to anyone that stopped by and took a peak at my work. I also really enjoyed meeting some of my blog visitors!!! It is so nice to put a face with a name.

I am still walking around my house in a haze. I always have a hard time getting back to real life when I return from a retreat. Perhaps it is my minds way of trying to absorb all the information obtained in a short period of time. My mind was on constant over-drive while I was there, and I think it just needs a little time to adjust to my typical schedule of getting up making lunches and working through my list of things to do. I am not sure when I will begin the unpacking of art supplies, but I do hope to share with you some of the treasures I purchased from some very talented artists soon.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

so glad you are back!! cannot wait to see yourtreasures!!
xox~k

Renee said...

Looks like lots of fun - wish I could have joined you. Love the photos of you!

The Vintage-Flea said...

You were such an awesome teacher!! I loved meeting you and taking your class. My first (of many) Rio Grande package came in the mail today and I am very excited to get started. Thanks again.
Valerie (Georgia Girl)
www.thevintage-flea.com

katie said...

Hi Lisa,
It was great to finally meet you too - I'd heard about you for the past couple years from other Washingtonians. I wish I could have gotten by your booth too - I didn't get around nearly enough.

I do have an etsy shop, there is a link on my blog. It's only got one item left in it; i'll be putting some more in it in the next couple weeks as time allows. I certainly understand the "walking around in a haze" feeling, it takes awhile for things to feel normal again.

Your charm bracelet class sounds like it was a lot of fun!

Anonymous said...

it was so good to see you again! hope you'll be teaching again next october. your jewelry is so gorgeous! have you finished your fabric book? ;)

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!!!! Looks like so much fun!!!! and you look as cute and darling as ever!!! Glad it went so well!!! :)

Anonymous said...

oh, you seem to have had a really good time! :-)

Neato Bandito said...

What an amazing class Lisa! It was my first art retreat EVER and your class has inspired me in so many ways. Can't wait to take another class!