Wednesday, September 06, 2006


It is Wednesday, my youngest is back in preschool, and now I am back to work at my jewelry desk. I had a little tidying up to do first, but it felt good. I made several charms for Art & Soul and completed this charm bracelet....it is for those that love pink.



I also made this resin filled bezel out of PMC. Lisa Blackwell of ZoaArts made the key out of PMC. Isn’t it cute? I wear this on a long chain and love the feel and weight. I am currently making a large oval bezel. Not sure if I will fill it our sell at Art & Soul for someone else to fill with their own treasures. The oval one is just over an inch...so you could get a nice collage inside.


And for those that collect Sally Jean charms, here is a charm necklace I made with handforged sterling silver last summer...I need to add some more charms that I have collected over the year, but it wears well now. Make yourself a chain and hang them all on...this is definitely a conversation starter. Yes...I want all my friends to be wire addicts like me.


So I am trying to figure out how my art and life all fit together. I want to try and make my art my work...not just to break even...thinking of my business plan and this quote seemed to sum it up:

"Every day you sit back and wait for something to happen is another day lost." Jennifer Flavin

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooo, love these...that charm necklace is really gorgeous! Great quote - I feel the same about my art and life. Would love to hear more about how you plan to proceed.

Tammy Gilley said...

Hey Lisa, love the chain you made for Sally Jean's charms! What a great idea!! And I totally get what you mean about the art and life and work thing. If you figure it out, will you dial me in? :) lovies...tammy

Shari Beaubien said...

I love all the new stuff you've created, Lisa! I guess I'm a bonafide "groupie" now!! :) Yes... do fill us in on your business plan and other ideas. I find it really inspirational to read about how others tackle this goal! Hugs, Shari

dogfaeriex5 said...

i adore your things!! you will know when the time is right, go with your heart...believe

xox~kim

Lelainia N. Lloyd said...

Beautiful work!! I love the necklace!!

deb said...

Lisa,
Love the pink bracelet and your SJ charm necklace. I too would love to be able to have my art be my work. Please do let us know how you plan to make it happen for you. Best of luck.

Anonymous said...

you are so talented. love your necklace. i want to take one of your pmc classes!

Jen Kershner said...

I understand where you're coming from. My baby just started 1/2 day kindergarten and this year has been all about reclaiming my life. It's been a slow process but I seem to have some direction now. I love your jewelery. I'd love to get my hands on one of those bracelets.